By joining our team as an accountant, you will be exposed to the energetic and fast paced financial services industry with a firm renowned for its product knowledge and expertise. You will have end to end responsibility for the business entities to which you’re assigned, gathering all of the information necessary to prepare and manage their financials and associated financial reporting. This will give you the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business strategies and financial products that drive your companies as well as the types of inter-company transactions that occur between them. You will also collaborate our home office financial and tax accounting teams frequently as new accounting pronouncements are made public, as the firm enters into new business areas, or on an as needed basis.
Occasional travel to our headquarters will be required and will facilitate your ongoing communications and information gathering processes.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare & reconcile monthly journal entries, general ledgers and financial statements
- Reconcile daily P&L to the General Ledger; collaborate with colleagues in financial operations to obtain data and explain variances; report variances to management on a monthly basis
- Develop consolidated financial reporting projections, tax projections and various internal valuations
- Interface with external auditors as well as home office financial and tax accountants as needed
- Analyze information/correspondence from the home office accounting department
- Manage the financial regulatory and internal audits for these business areas
- Partner closely with our tax team to provide them with related tax filing support
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 2-4 years of corporate and/or public accounting experience, including preparation of financial statements, required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business required; CPA preferred
- Experience utilizing Great Plains preferred
- Financial Statement Consolidations, loan entries and depreciation experience a plus
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with an entrepreneurial mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making.