Location: Brighton, Massachusetts
Job Id: R21611
The Global Digital Site Merchandising role will be responsible for supporting digital business strategy and the E-Commerce consumer shopping experience through detailed site mapping of a Global DTC Experience Plan and wire frame roadmap. This role is responsible for outlining Global Product & Marketing stories as well as functional site needs to drive business results. The role is responsible for supporting digital merchandising strategies from beginning stages of go-to-market (GTM) process; utilizing Global business metrics and results to inform seasonal site strategy. They will be responsible for management of multiple, highly visible, key growth initiatives within their category ownership and will accomplish this by leveraging a strong understanding of e-commerce and driving analytics to drive the business forward.
This position represents an ideal role for candidates with a strong technical background and/or those with 3 or more years of E-Commerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience. This role requires an excellent collaborator and communicator with a strong aptitude for data-based decision making while also balancing the need for creative and product storytelling. The successful candidate is a problem solver in a fast moving and complex environment, and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. In addition to strong analytical skills, they must be adept at communicating and summarizing findings in both written and verbal formats.
- Serve as DTC Global E-Com site merchandising subject matter expert for defined categories to drive improvements to the site experience through the use of strategic planning and analytics in tandem with marketing and product story initiatives to meet financial targets and drive revenue growth
- Utilize data and analytics to advise story and product placement on a seasonal basis and identify opportunity or risk to sales based on the experience plan fed by marketing and product
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the consumer experience, formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
- Partner with the Digital Product Team to drive the development and execution of new site tools and products
- Define and manage optimization of the programs through site analytics and testing and continuously refine customer contact strategy.
- Influence design and scope of products and tools to ensure that end result meets business needs to improve customer experience
- Serve as a collaborative and key partner to DTC Marketing and Product Merchandising to ensure consumer experience and business needs are strategically informing the early stages of GTM process
- Manage the Digital Experience planning process via the Trello tool in partnership with key cross functional teams (DTC Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, PR, Social and Regional teams) to provide a centralized location for the organization to reference Ecomm experience plans with the ability to support both Retail and WHSL partners
- Facilitate Regional Site and Business analysis and recaps relative to planned DTC stories to for Global consolidation
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience preferred
- MS Office suite proficiency; excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 5+ years of eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising and/or Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills as well as demonstrated experience in fact based analysis, including the ability to persuasively present insights and recommendations to senior management
- Agile, pro-active and self-motivated work style with proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude to get results within a cross-functional team
- Understanding of merchandising sales and margin objectives
- Passionate about the consumer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities with demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver results
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
About New Balance
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now.