The Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience (The MAX) is a world-class facility highlighting Mississippi artists and celebrating the contributions of arts and entertainment in every artistic discipline. The state-of-the-art Governor’s Recording studio allows The MAX to fulfill its mission of educating and inspiring the next generation by providing a venue for artists to capture their own works.
The Sound Engineer is a 1099 contract position that will work on an as-needed basis with artists to record their work using the Governor’s Recording Studio as well as the hardware and software designated and available for the studio.
- Oversee all audio aspects of recording projects from start to finish including but not limited to consulting, pre-production, recording, mixing, and post-production.
- Plan client sessions according to the project’s needs, budget, and available time.
- Coordinate with The MAX staff and clients on timelines, space, and equipment needs for recording sessions.
- Communicate with The MAX staff on updates, equipment maintenance, IT maintenance, and any equipment failures.
- Oversee studio layout for clients including equipment placement, mic placement, recording intervals, special sound needs, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates degree in Audio Engineering required. Bachelor’s degree in Audio Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- At least two years of experience using Pro Tools, mixing, and mastering projects.
Skills and Abilities
- Troubleshooting experience with Mac Computers, Pro Tools Software, and other media and recording applications.
- Experience in all aspects of a recording studio including tracking, equipment operation, mic placements, software applications, etc.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to accurately track and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
About The Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience
The Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.
The $45 million Mississippi Arts + Entertainment Experience (The MAX) is a world-class facility highlighting Mississippi artists and celebrating the contributions of arts and entertainment entrepreneurs in every artistic discipline. The MAX is a statewide asset with a mission to recognize and honor legendary artists through hands-on exhibits that visually, auditorily, and kinesthetically educate, inform, and entertain every visitor.
The MAX, located in Downtown Meridian, is housed in an iconic, two-level structure consisting of over 58,000 square feet, with 22,000 square feet devoted to visitor experiences. The unique and informative exhibit design educates and inspires visitors, having a tremendous impact on Mississippi's economy. Exhibits are organized around five themes – land, home, community, church, and people + places. Audio and video stories tell who, what, where, when, why, and how Mississippians have influenced the arts and the creative economy all over the world. The MAX encourages visitors to enhance their Mississippi experience and rich cultural history by exploring other new and established museums, historic homes, and cultural activities throughout the state.
A Hollywood-style Walk of Fame, unveiled in 2009, makes its way from the nearby MSU Riley Center to The MAX. New Walk of Fame stars will join existing stars honoring Mississippi legends, including Elvis Presley, Jimmie Rodgers, B.B. King, William Faulkner, Morgan Freeman, Walter Anderson, and Harley Peavey. Other elements include a Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Hall of Fame, a gift shop, a broadcast studio, an art studio, a multipurpose room, an outdoor stage, and a courtyard that can be used by schools, civic clubs, churches, and individuals for special programs and events.