This position reports to the Executive Director, and oversees di Rosa’s membership groups. This includes cultivating high-end di Rosa Patrons Circle members, and continually assessing and providing strategic direction to improving the membership experience at di Rosa for all levels. The Senior Development Officer will manage the individual Annual Fund, as well as Business Annual Fund campaign. They will work closely with the Executive Director on research and profiles for major gifts donors and prospects, as well as on institutional grant opportunities. This position manages the Development Database Administrator.
Individual Giving: Oversees di Rosa’s membership groups and annual fund campaign, including stewardship and growth of individual members and supporters, mailings, follow-up and strategy to maximize both revenue and relationships
- Identify and engage new prospects and upgrade current donors in both campaigns.
- Develop recommendations for and implement new strategies for membership expansion and stewardship.
- Investigate and evaluate member benefits, giving levels, and member appreciation strategies (membership months, etc.) at other arts organizations and work collaboratively to improve the donor experience with other di Rosa staff.
- Create written materials to support fundraising, including donor cultivation materials, visit reports, solicitation proposals and acknowledgments.
- Prepare development data analysis to track results and to provide reports for staff and board review and decision-making.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications staff to ensure that messaging and branding efforts are integrated and mutually supportive prior to implementation.
Development Office Major Gift and Institutional Funding:
- Provide in-depth support for the Executive Director regarding major gift and institutional funding opportunities.
- Work with Executive Director and Board Members to identify donors and members for upgrade asks, leadership gifts, and planned giving.
- Support solicitations by Executive Director as needed, preparing background information and helping develop strategies.
- Assist Executive Director, when appropriate, on major gift solicitations.
- Work with Executive Director and colleagues from the Curatorial and Education & Civic Engagement Departments to research, write and submit appropriate grant applications.
- Research and create major prospect and donor profiles.
- Special Events: Provide support and participate in planning, coordination and implementation of fundraising, cultivation and other special events.
- Plan, implement and manage donor trips and cultivation events with a goal to increase membership and upgrade giving levels.
- Identify stewardship and cultivation opportunities that deepen donor engagement with di Rosa such as intimate receptions and small dinners. Oversee execution of such activities.
- Manage event coordination for other fundraising events, such as online auctions.
di Rosa is located on 217 acres in the Carneros region of Napa Valley. Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature, including native waterfowl. Must be able to actively lead and participate in tours on rugged terrain. Must possess a car and valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a membership program in a development office of an arts institution required (visual arts organization preferred).
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and a willingness to participate in activities and assignments that help meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to be tactful, astute and diplomatic in order to build personal rapport and effective working relationships with Board Members, staff, donors, organizational partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); proficient and experienced with databases (Salesforce and Patron Manager preferred), digital file management and web-based research and applications
- Excellent organizational abilities, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive, anticipatory, strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to respond and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Enjoys setting and managing multiple, simultaneous priorities while keeping eye on big picture.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Available to work nights and weekends as required.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the position
- Resume with education, employment history, salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references Application materials should be emailed in PDF format to: email@example.com.
About di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art
di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art presents contemporary exhibitions and educational programs for all ages and maintains a permanent collection of notable works by artists living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area from the mid-twentieth century to the present day. A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. Protected in perpetuity under the Napa County Land Trust, di Rosa features multiple galleries, a sculpture park, and a 35-acre lake, all located on 217 scenic acres in Napa Valley’s famed Carneros region. For more information, visit dirosaart.org.