Requisition ID: 2112
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for all necessary product, raw material, packaging and labeling inspections to ensure compliance with Company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections of finished product, raw material, packaging and labeling according to specifications.
- Review daily work orders to inspect and ensure that all components meet specifications prior to running the line.
- Coordinate with necessary individuals to inspect and approve shipper barcodes, product IDs, UPC numbers, batch numbers, etc.
- Coordinate with the Lab for sample approval.
- Perform inspections of the general area and the machines to ensure appropriate cleaning and sanitation has occurred before moving on to the next work order.
- Provide the Line Lead with the appropriate weight and other specifications according to the work order.
- Perform inspections during the packaging process including inspecting for proper fills, closures/heat seals, correct batch number prints, correct labeling of product, etc.
- Review and approve each pallet of finished product and document approvals on necessary logs and reports.
- Observe and monitor machine operations and performance to ensure conformance to specifications and Company standards.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety rules and requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years experience as quality assurance or other related position.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach, grasp, bend, kneel, and squat repeatedly throughout the day.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
- Commensurate with experience
About Farouk Systems, Inc.
Farouk Systems, Inc. is a Houston-based company of hairdressers for hairdressers, known for manufacturing high-quality professional hair care products under the industry-leading brands CHI®, BioSilk®, and SunGlitz®. The company provides the beauty industry with the latest innovations to a wide range of markets through multiple successful product lines and the finest educational support to better serve hairdressers and their clients.