Job ID 2021-2308
Who we are…
Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
Overall Purpose and Main Objectives
Oversee the maintenance of purchase orders and data for a selected group of vendors, while assisting Inventory Control Specialist with placing orders and communicating with vendors.
- Create purchase orders in various systems
- Contact vendors to obtain information regarding purchase order due dates, costs, etc.
- Daily data entry to maintain sku or purchase order information
- Send order confirmations to vendors
- Resolve invoicing issues in a timely basis
- Resolve EDI error issues between the company and vendor
- Work with Retail stores and/or Distribution Centers to resolve discrepancy issues
- Work various reports pertaining to purchase orders or system information
- Follow and support departmental policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, and Word
- Ability to train in AS400 (specifically Commercial Ware and JDA MMS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines
- Handle and coordinate multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work well alone or with others with minimal supervision
- Office setting majority of the time with extensive work on computer.
- Temporarily remote, work from home
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency required
All eligible associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K & Profit Sharing Plan
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Training Opportunities
- Basic & Optional Life Insurance
- Other Benefits as Applicable
Click here to view Blick Art Materials’ CCPA Notice to Applicants.
We strive to nurture a culture of trust, mutual respect, and an entrepreneurial commitment to our mission. To fulfill our values, we are dedicated to developing associates based on exceptional teamwork, curiosity, care, and of course, supporting the arts.
We work every day to foster an environment where our team enjoys the same respect and care that we provide our customers. BLICK Art Materials is a certified Great Place to Work© since 2015.