Job: Digital Technology
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas-Plano
Organization: TFS – Toyota Financial Services
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2021, 1:28:37 PM
Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) Data and Analytics department is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Principal Data Architect, Data Analytics with deep passion for solving highly complex & large-scale data problems through governed data architecture.
As Principal Data Architect, the primary responsibilities of this role is architecting best in class data products & platforms that will drive reliable, scalable, and efficient data models to champion data & analytics as a core competency in our journey for creating the future of mobility for all. This person will be working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure the data supply chain and the enterprise data products are built with high performance, availability, maintainability standards using current and emerging big data technologies.
Reporting to the National Manager, the Principal Data Architect will support our objectives to integrate Agile & Toyota Way principles into our practices and work to deliver Agile based module development along with cross functional communication, technical cloud solutions, requirements traceability, prioritization and product delivery
What you’ll be doing
Data Solution Architect
- Provide thought leadership to the business and technology organization to influence improved agility, deeper understanding of the TFS data platform capabilities, and higher quality products.
- Lead discussions with business stakeholders across the data strategy organization, regarding the functions and technology for enabling relevant data capabilities.
- Establish a vision and overall strategy of expanded data deliverables, services, process optimization that enable advanced data-driven decision making across various business functions by partnering with application and data teams and business functions.
- Design scalable patterns and architecture to support both batch and real-time TFS data products & platform using best-in-class big data technologies (Hadoop, AWS, EMR, Spark, Snowflake, Cloud data warehousing) for ever changing digital landscape.
- Create simple, flexible, and scalable data models and modelling standards to support TFS data marketplace and data consumption patterns.
- Drive DevOps and platform automation to promote continuous integration/continuous delivery, test-driven development, and production deployment frameworks.
- Assists with large-scale data product implementations across the enterprise as well as with optimization and scalability efforts.
Enterprise Engagement & Communication
- Drive data solution design to consensus and approval as a leader within TFS cross-functional technology team.
- Leads, collaborates, and communicates architectural vision to architecture, development, and executive teams.
- Provide regular high-level communications to the executive staff and detailed communications to company-wide stakeholders.
- Drive collaborative reviews of design, code, data, features implementation performed by data engineers to drive engineering excellence around cost of ownership, quality & maintainability.
Innovation, Governance, & Kaizen
- Research and evaluate the best-of-breed technologies to inform architecture decisions, especially build-vs-buy and cost/benefit analysis.
- Collaborate with enterprise data management team to design, implement, & assess solutions & procedures to be compliant with data governance policies and standards.
- Maintaining up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies.
- Provide consultancy during component design, testing and release to ensure fidelity against agreed-upon architecture and acceptance criteria.
- Proactively engage with team-members and cross-functional teams to identify kaizen opportunities.
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
- Proven success in building strong relationships and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Possess exemplary communication skills and strong business acumen to understand organizational strategy and present actionable findings to senior leadership.
- Leads a team of data product designers (full time & contingent).
- Understand the skills and interests of your team and work to best align organization vision & success with the success of the people.
- Provide technical & people leadership.
- Assist Factory Owners in acquiring and retaining skilled resources in the scrum team.
- Set consistent expectations and measure/report performance of team resources.
Solution & Mentoring
- Support the Factory Owners in delivery data products with optimal design.
- Develop and present proof-of-concept for key decision makers.
- Act as a mentor to engineer & product designers.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent professional work experience.
- Demonstrated experience delivering scalable & high-volume big data & data warehousing product to support operational and analytical data needs for operational systems, data science and analytics teams.
- Experience in building & leading high performing teams that effectively collaborate, learn and grow.
- Experience leading large-scale frameworks in the financial services industry or similar ensuring initiative are tracked, managed and communicated effectively with stakeholders and customers.
- Strong experience in designing scalable and enterprise scale conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Strong knowledge & implementation experience of data warehousing concepts, data modeling techniques, industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Big Data Cloud /open-source Platform technologies such as AWS, Kafka, Snowflake – cloud data warehousing, S3, Apache Nifi, Apache Spark, Python, Lambda, SNS, EC2, Apache Airflow, Data Security Framework, Elastic Cache, Redis, RESTful APIs.
- Experience in data quality engineering, metadata consolidation and integration, metadata model development and maintenance, repository management, data warehouse design and data mining, and data security.
- Experience with one of the following BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience working through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of financial applications.
- Experienced in working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, BSA’s, Multivendor, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Solid technical and analytical skills with ability to communicate (oral and written) across the organization and manage multiple releases / priorities.
Added bonus if you have
- MIS or an advanced degree
- AWS Solution Architect Certification
What We’ll bring
- During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Relocation assistance (if applicable).
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Toyota has been a part of our world for over 75 years.
Our mission is to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move.
We believe that nothing is impossible. We have big dreams and persevere through any obstacles. We work together to create the future of mobility and make the world a better place.