Project Veritas Legal is seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to help achieve our mission.
About Project Veritas Legal
Project Veritas Legal is a department of non-profit journalism outfit Project Veritas. Project Veritas Legal’s mission and purpose it is to engage in litigation to protect, defend and expand First Amendment protections and rights of clients including, among others, undercover journalists and Insiders; promoting the free exchange of ideas in a digital world; combat and defeat censorship of any ideology; promotion of truthful reporting via litigation of defamation and unfair competition actions for clients; and the defense of freedom of speech and association issues including the right to anonymity.
- Preparing letters, affidavits, legal correspondence, and other documents for attorneys.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Keeping law library up to date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Passion for the mission of Project Veritas and Project Veritas Legal
- Excellent writing and communication skills including persuasive writing
- Mission-driven belief in freedom of the press, freedom of association, freedom of speech,
and the promotion of the same via accountability for defamation
- Project Veritas is interested in expanding its litigation presence, including through in-house
work, to combat the rising tide of misinformation and defamation in the legacy media.
- Paralegal/Legal assistant – overall responsibilities — support lawyers by maintaining, drafting
documents, and organizing files, calling on legal witnesses, maintaining a legal library and more.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system. Organizing and archiving the documents related to completed and ongoing cases
- Maintaining legal and case calendar including entries and reminders.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet multiple often overlapping deadlines
and work long hours when required.
- Demonstrated understanding of civil rights and civil liberties issues particularly in the
areas of freedom of the press and of associations, and of defamation is a significant plus.
- An understanding of current media and experience dealing with political/cultural issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in a pdf format:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and why we should hire you.
- Please explain your interest in PV Legal’s mission and state your salary
- A writing sample
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Questions can be directed to Suzanne Tufts at email@example.com who is assisting with this search.
No phone calls please.
Project Veritas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
About Project Veritas
The Project Veritas mission is to investigate and expose fraud, corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions such that it creates a wave of critical mass to compel total reform. In short, we are a catalyst for a more just, ethical and transparent society. A commitment to the Project Veritas mission is an absolute requirement. Please carefully review our website, published stories and interviews with our founder and CEO, James O'Keefe, to become familiar with the elements of our mission.