Goya Foods, Inc., a leader in the food industry, based in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a Logistics Associate to join our team. This position reports to the Director of Logistics and is a key role working within a well-established logistics team. The Logistics Associate II supports supply chain activities throughout the enterprise. The role requires previous experience in the domestic and international logistics industry. Heavy interaction with external transportation business partners. Requires prior knowledge of accounting terms, Incoterms, standard transportation documents and general logistics terminology.
Freight Audit Pay
- Freight Invoice Processing, Carrier account reconciliation and payment resolution.
- Manage incoming freight invoices using internal and external processes.
- Interact with Domestic and International carriers to resolve billing discrepancies.
- Support logistics Analyst during procurement events.
- Schedule delivery appointments based upon standard SOP’s.
- Coordinate with other logistics Associates as needed.
Inbound Coordination Support
- Inbound Appointment Scheduling and Coordination
- ASN Creation and support
Other duties as assigned
- Freight Claims Processing
- Support Document Management.
- Coordinate with and Support other Logistics Associates.
- Additional task as assigned by department lead.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Accounting, Inventory, Distribution and logistics Experience required
- Proficient with AS400, MS Office, Word, Excel
- Intermediate Excel skills a must.
- Knowledge of Manhattan TMS / WMS or other similar platforms preferred.
- Strong analytical and database management skills.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and concentrate under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in related discipline or equivalent experience and/or a minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience in processing imports, shipping documentation, logistics, supply chain support and Customs brokerage
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
About Goya Foods, Inc.
The premier source for authentic Latino cuisine, Goya Foods is the largest, Hispanic-owned food company in the United States. Founded in 1936 by Don Prudencio Unanue and his wife Carolina, both from Spain, the Goya story is as much about the importance of family as it is about achieving the American dream.