The primary responsibility of the Lifeguard is to monitor activities of guests in aquatic areas of the property, including the pool, jacuzzi, and pool deck, to ensure a safe environment, avoid/prevent injuries, and provide emergency assistance as required.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures. This is a safety-related position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor guests in designated/assigned zones, including in pools, spas, splash pads, decks, and cabanas to provide assistance and protection to guests on the pool deck.
- Enforce all facility rules.
- Respond to emergencies including water rescue, CPR, AED use, and first aid.
- Identify health and safety hazards and take action to correct, mitigate, avoid, or prevent the hazard.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Company’s Emergency Action Plan and be able to adapt to specific situations, including how to use emergency equipment and PPE and how to direct guests to emergency exits.
- Provide unmatched guest service including but not limited to, handing out and collecting towels, seating assistance, removing trash from pool areas, and attending to guest requests.
- Routinely inspect and maintain pool and surrounding areas; identify cleaning needs, problems and maintenance or repair needs.
- Participate in and successfully complete continuing in-service training requirements on a weekly basis.
- Participate in routine observation and skills audits.
- Safety is an essential function of this job.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Company Standards of Conduct
- All The Venetian Resort Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team
- Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
- 18 years of age.
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess basic lifeguard training and certification, as well as any other license or certificate as required by Company policy.
- Upon hire, candidate must be able to successfully complete Company-sponsored training and pass Company-required advanced testing and maintain elite certification.
- Prior experience as a lifeguard or other aquatic safety position is preferred.
- Working knowledge of first aid for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services personnel take over.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to:
- Swim 100 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Frequent lift/carry of 20-50 pounds with occasional lift of weight in excess of 100 pounds.
- Be able to successfully complete Company-sponsored lifeguard training and pass Company-required advanced testing and elite certification, to include water rescue, CPR, AED use, and first aid.
- Physically access all areas of the property, and specifically aquatic areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to sit, walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, varying conditions of temperature, heat, water, wind, extensive sun exposure, chemicals, including chlorine and other pool chemicals, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
Job Segment: Lifeguard, Facilities, Hospitality, Operations
Posting Date: Feb 9, 2021
About Las Vegas Sands Corp.
In the 1990s, Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS) created and introduced an entirely new kind of travel destination: the Integrated Resort. As one of the leading global developers of destination properties, we offer an array of high-end amenities and integrated them under one roof to provide the ultimate guest experience. We raised the bar of excellence in the hospitality industry, providing unparalleled guest service, a luxurious atmosphere and a dynamic resort experience with each and every visit.