In the vein of a traditional news desk, the Investigative Journalist (IJ) engages daily with the public – tipsters, sources, supporters and more – to identify newsworthy information and other items of value to Project Veritas. The IJ will investigate further, based on initial screening calls, tips and other information provided, and work to develop sources and insiders for support by Undercover Journalists.
Success in this role is envisioned as the release of impactful stories resulting from the IJ’s initial review of incoming messages, screening calls, and cultivation of tips, sources, and insiders.
This Investigative Journalist will report to the Call Center Manger and/or the Director of Insiders. The position would be based our Westchester, NY office.
INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to incoming messages across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ProtonMail, Signal, Telegram, email, SMS, and voicemails
- Set up phone calls with volunteers, tipsters, donors, and job seekers
- During phone calls, learn about candidate skill sets/backgrounds as well as insider access and possible storylines through vertical questioning
- Track number of daily messages reviewed, and number of phone calls made
- Report impressive candidates/volunteers and valuable insiders to Insider Department Leadership
- Participate in daily debrief meetings with IJ team & Insider Department Leadership
- Maintain relationships with insiders and facilitate insider introductions to other PV team members
- Enter phone call notes into database and maintain updated data
- In coordination with Production Dept, facilitate equipment storage and management. In coordination with Legal Dept, send contributor agreements to insiders
- Must be well-spoken and have keen listening skills.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This position is based at our office in Westchester County, NY — just outside New York City. Competitive salary and benefits.
About Project Veritas
The Project Veritas mission is to investigate and expose fraud, corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions such that it creates a wave of critical mass to compel total reform. In short, we are a catalyst for a more just, ethical and transparent society. A commitment to the Project Veritas mission is an absolute requirement. Please carefully review our website, published stories and interviews with our founder and CEO, James O'Keefe, to become familiar with the elements of our mission.