Reports to: Executive Director/Development Coordinator
Summary of Position
Atlantic Center for the Arts, an artist-in-residence community in New Smyrna Beach, FL, is seeking a Facilities Rental/Event Coordinator for its main campus and ancillary facilities including ACA at Harris House and Arts on Douglas. This position oversees a robust business segment that primarily coordinates arts-related workshops, theater rentals, and retreats outside of the residency program. This includes meeting with interested parties, contracts, invoicing, receipt of payments, logistics, set-up requirements, and orientation to provide for a seamless and creative outcome for all participants. This position serves as the point of contact before and during the rentals and requires excellent communication with workshop leaders and the ACA Facilities team, customer service, flexibility, and attention to detail. Knowledge of Microsoft Office a must; QuickBooks a plus. Additionally, assists with organizational events, including vendor orders and rentals, permitting, and purchases for donor-related events, an annual auction, as well as for an art festival.
Position office hours:
Tuesday-Saturday 9 AM-5 PM and as needed for rental/event oversight
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be over 21 years of age. Worker may be asked to lift more than 25 lbs. at any point during employment, and the ability to do so is a requirement of this job.
This position is eligible for overtime, with the pre-approval of management. After the 90-day probationary period, employee is eligible for coverage of 70% of monthly individual healthcare premium if ACA plan is chosen. Employee is eligible after one year for 403B pension plan match of 7%.
Ten vacation days may be used upon approval by management; ACA also observes 10 Federal holidays and is closed one week of the year between Christmas and New Year’s.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Facility Rentals (70%)
- Oversee the renting and leasing of all ACA facilities
- Meet with all interested parties regarding rentals, generate sales and forge new relationships and rentals \
- (partnerships/anniversaries/graduations/corporate retreats, etc.)
- Coordinate all follow up, invoicing, contracting, and receipts of payment for rentals
- Manage Facilities Calendar on Outlook
- Generate monthly staff emails, which include upcoming rentals, what to anticipate, technical needs, staff availability for event coverage, facility updates, and scheduled staff vacation time
- Provide mandatory orientation for each rental
- Serve as on-site liaison for customer needs
- Provide set-up assistance and organize final clean up
- Communicate logistics involved with studio set-up and turnover requirements and facilities needs/updates
- Coordinate housing for guests and send arrival instructions in advance
- Coordinate with appropriate staff (programming, facilities) regarding set up needs
- Confirm Chef availability for each rental
- Purchase alcohol, supplies, and materials for rentals/events as needed
The annual Horsin’ Around Benefit Auction held at main campus features silent and live auctions, attracts 400 guests, and occurs yearly on the first Sunday in April.
IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts, a juried fine arts festival. presents over 225 artists and attracts 50,000 attendees in downtown New Smyrna Beach during the last full weekend in January. This position also assists with other fundraisers, community events, and the Volunteer League Appreciation Luncheon.
- Manage all vendor orders and rentals
- File for appropriate event licenses
- Assist Development Coordinator
About Atlantic Center for the Arts
tlantic Center for the Arts is a nonprofit interdisciplinary artists' community and arts education facility dedicated to promoting artistic excellence by providing talented midcareer artists an opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the world's most distinguished contemporary artists in the fields of music composition, and the visual, literary, and performing arts. Community interaction is coordinated through on-site and outreach presentations, workshops and exhibitions.