The Director of Total Rewards is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and administering a comprehensive total rewards strategy and programs for the Company. This position will research and bring an in-depth understanding of best practices and innovative trends applying them to the company’s Total Rewards programs and technologies. This position manages all aspects of the employee benefits program, including health and welfare plans, retirement plans, life insurance, paid time off, wellness programs and any other employee benefit plans offered. This position will also be responsible for evaluating and making recommendations on compensation strategies and provide compensation support, own the salary review process and build a compensation philosophy to attract and retain key talent.
- Plan, design, implement and administer a comprehensive rewards strategy and programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Strategically assess the effectiveness of current programs and recommend modifications to align to HR strategy and business goals based on best practices and benchmarking data.
- Design, manage and maintain all employee benefit programs, to include traditional plans (i.e., medical, dental, vision, etc.), ancillary benefits, as well as employee wellness, making recommendations for new benefit offerings where appropriate.
- Effectively plan and manage the implementation and administration of all benefit plans including annual open enrollment efforts for companies, creating efficiencies and similarities where possible.
- Develop and maintain relationships with benefit and compensation vendors, consultants, and third-party administrators to ensure they comply with contract terms and conditions, as well as leverage relationships to continue to offer high-quality programs and maintain market competitiveness..
- Responsible for total rewards for all acquisitions, including integration of newly acquired businesses and employees into current benefits, ensuring continuity of care and coverage.
- Develop internal operating procedures and controls for administering and managing benefits plans and compensation practices.
- Participate in 401k Plan Committee Meetings, File year end non-discrimination testing and 5500; assist in facilitation of the annual audit
- Lead the development, implementation, management, and administration of performance-driven compensation programs, policies, and procedures and ensure they are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements.
- Consult with hiring managers and talent acquisition team to determine appropriate base and incentive pay for new hire offers.
- Prepare compensation recommendations for promotions and recognition supported by internal equity, pay guidelines, and external competitive benchmarks.
- Analyze and present to functional leaders’ compensation themes and pay gaps for their respective teams, where appropriate.
- Responsible for the development, plan design and management for the annual cash bonus, commissions (of varying types) and long term incentive programs.
- Play a key role in the annual compensation review planning process to include merit, bonus, and equity programs in collaboration with HR and Operations.
- Provide vision, strategy, and development of solutions with strategic and hands-on approach to compensation, including the ability to creatively conceive of concepts, develop and run models to determine feasibility.
- Responsible for all ACA reporting and keep abreast of regulatory changes affecting benefit plans and ensures company benefit plans and practices are in compliance with external regulatory requirements.
- Develop and coordinate communications strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards.
- Evaluate the external compensation landscape to understand and learn from best practices through benchmarking and industry research and employment trends, track legislation and make recommendations.
- Prepare and manage annual budget for total rewards, ensuring the Company realizes consistent competitive market increases; analyze and deliver reporting and cost projections to support the recommendation of benefit plan changes, adding new benefits and ensuring program governance.
- Serve as the main resource for employees and managers regarding all benefit related matters.
- Determine and implement metrics that assess and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing Total Rewards programs and new initiatives.
- Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related issues, records and company information.
- Collaborate with business and HR leaders to set strategic and operational goals and plans for Total Rewards with a focus on continuous improvement, automation and solid first-line controls and compliance checks.
- 10+ years’ relevant compensation and benefits experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- CCP and/or CEBS certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, communicating, and administering compensation strategies and plans, including executive level compensation, bonuses, commission plans, incentives, and other compensation rewards.
- Extensive working knowledge of government regulations as they apply to benefit programs, compensation programs, company policies, and operations
- Previous experience using UltiPro or Kronos HRIS system
- Understanding of benefits enrollment processes and experience working with benefits brokers/external vendors
- Experience managing compensation and benefits in a merger and acquisition environment, a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of job evaluation and salary bench-marking
- Prior experience managing share option plans is preferred
- Experience with project management, change management and driving programs independently
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
About CIM Group
At CIM, we recognize that our goals are achieved through the efforts of our people. We’re a community of self-starters who are skilled in individual disciplines and thrive on collaboration and transparent communication.
Our team is united by our core values of respect, integrity and discipline, and by our common commitment to enhancing communities and maximizing value for our stakeholders.
We emphasize diversity and believe the integration of a wide range of perspectives enables us to realize our best and most effective work.
At CIM, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment structured to reward creativity and achievement while supporting your personal and professional growth.