We’re seeking a Director of Design/Creative to help oversee a growing team of 8-10 Visual Designers (print and digital). He/she will ensure that designs are high quality, accurate, on brand and timely. In addition to management, the ideal candidate will be hands-on. This means designing original artwork, including illustrations, infographics, collage-style, and even light character animations for social media content, advertisements, email-marketing, merch and collateral.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage and train design team to ensure quality and performance standards are consistently met
- Communicate and implement company process changes
- Identify and take initiative on opportunities to increase output and accuracy
- Everything from concepting to compositing with Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom; vector graphics with Adobe Illustrator, print collateral with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign as needed
- Animate video content with Adobe AfterEffects and Premier
Adherence to Brand Standards
- Design digital and print content in alignment with current Brand Guidelines
- Project revisions: take a lead role in the revision process, incorporating feedback on projects from the Marketing team and be open to collaboration and guidance from stakeholders
Research & Conceptualizing
- Develop new visual styles, formats, layouts and content to better convey PragerU’s message to audiences
- Become well-versed in PragerU content, past and present, as well as relevant non-PragerU content
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the field of graphic design, or a portfolio that reflects the equivalent experience
- Adept at use of the Adobe Creative suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, AfterEffects, and Premier
- Familiarity with Air Table
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; you will be expected to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- At least 3-5+ years of management experience
How to Apply:
To apply, please first review our website at www.prageru.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to work at PragerU specifically.
About Prager University Foundation
PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.