The Conservation Records Administrator works closely with the department staff to ensure the completeness and consistency of digital and paper files related to the conservation of the artwork in the collection and loan to the museum.
- Upload and link Conservation Department documents to TMS (The Museum System) object information records.
- Assist conservators with the generation of forms from TMS as well as uploading/downloading reports and records from cloud servers for processing.
- Cross-reference object information records across the Conservation Department server, TMS, and hard copy file to ensure consistency.
- Follow approved museum data entry standards for conservation records related to objects, loans, acquisitions, and exhibitions.
- Assist conservators and Head of TMS Administration with developing and implementing conservation record priorities and strategies.
- Create conservation object files.
- Perform digitization of older records for integration within digital files.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a B.A. in Art History, Museum Studies, or Library Information Systems preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and independently manage workload are essential.
- Experience with data entry for inventory systems with a background in art history or museums preferred.
- Strong attention to detail while doing repetitive TMS data entry tasks.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess high levels of tact and diplomacy and maintain the highest standard of confidentiality.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the option of forwarding your application materials via postal mail to:
Human Resources Department
The Menil Collection
1511 Branard Street
Houston, Texas 77006
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. The Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About The Menil Collection
The Menil Collection is committed to its founders’ belief that art is essential to human experience. Set in a residential Houston neighborhood, the Menil fosters direct personal encounters with works of art, and welcomes all visitors free of charge to its museum buildings and surrounding greenspaces.