Requisition ID: 2057
Responsible for general clerical work associated with Inventory Control, Production, Kitting/Assembly, Receiving and Customer Returns departments. Persons in these roles must be able to consistently demonstrate knowledge of all shipping processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive products from vendors, and prepare for re-packaging.
- Complete required carrier paperwork and as necessary contact carrier or transportation provider for product pick up or delivery.
- Maintain and organize working area and packing supplies.
- Manage inbound truck routing logistics. Responsible for scheduling and monitoring inbound shipments.
- Manage transportation routing via third-party logistics providers, to include utilizing web based applications to coordinate outbound shipment.
- Must be able to independently process assigned transactions using the SAP system.
- Must demonstrate safe work habits at all times in a fast paced work environment.
- Maintains shipment files, issues reports, and responds to customer inquiries regarding status of shipments.
- Document production schedules based on guidance from supervisor/team lead.
- Work with others in manufacturing department to assure transactional accuracy.
- Provides freight rates to customers and customer service department.
- Monitor and adjust stock levels on an ongoing basis to maintain proper levels of inventory.
- Compile and document all inventory transactions for data entry with the direction of the Inventory Control Supervisor/Team Lead.
- Monitor and maintain inventory management system with direction of supervisor/team lead.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers and across all internal departments effectively in a professional manner. Areas of importance: interpersonal skills; communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, a self-starter with a sense of urgency and timeliness in performing their duties with minimal supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, in English
- Must be able to independently demonstrate the ability to solve basic mathematical computations.
- Previous experience in a related position
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Bilingual a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to stand 8 hours or more daily
- Must be able to lift or carry 10-26 lbs. repeatedly through the day
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Commensurate with experience
About Farouk Systems, Inc.
Farouk Systems, Inc. is a Houston-based company of hairdressers for hairdressers, known for manufacturing high-quality professional hair care products under the industry-leading brands CHI®, BioSilk®, and SunGlitz®. The company provides the beauty industry with the latest innovations to a wide range of markets through multiple successful product lines and the finest educational support to better serve hairdressers and their clients.