The Hippodrome’s history and vitality are built on its artistic achievement since its founding in 1973. The theatre has produced more than one hundred world, American and Southeastern premieres in its history.
In addition to its MainStage season, the Hippodrome screens first-run foreign, limited-release and avant-garde films, provides a rich and varied Education program to the community, and also houses an art gallery which is available, by invitation, to Florida artists at no charge.
- Financial Management:
- Work alongside leadership to develop the annual budget, provide quarterly reports and facilitate the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Oversee check writing, payroll, accounts payable, taxes and fees on a weekly basis.
- Work with a bookkeeper to prepare monthly reconciliations, process payroll liabilities and maintain accurate records of financial transactions
- HR Management:
- Overseeing compliance, legal, benefits and insurance needs
- Updating HR policies
- Preparing contracts for seasonal employees, producing partners and freelance collaborators
- Development Support:
- Support the company’s operating and project grants from the preparation of applications to the submission of final reports
- Assist with fundraising calendar to insure adequate cash flow
- Assist with research of new and updated funding opportunities from public and private sources
- Interfacing with artists’ unions, production management, stage management, venue and community partners;
- Overall office and systems management
The ideal candidate:
- has excellent organizational skills: managing critical paths, creating timelines, prioritizing deadlines, maintaining schedules, tracking/documenting materials, proofreading copy, etc;
- has a strong commitment and implementation towards anti-racism and anti-harassment;
- has strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable working in a variety of communities with stakeholders such as producing partners, community partners, artists, audiences, volunteers, board members, and current and potential donors;
- has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in arts, nonprofit administration, business management or related fields;
- is fluent in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office and is comfortable working with Google admin;
- has a working knowledge of Mailchimp, ticketing software like AV or similar.
- has research and grant writing skills, and can support fundraising activities, including corporate sponsorships and government, foundation and individual donations;
- is passionate about the performing arts, community engagement, and the mission of the Hippodrome Theatre;
Salary: $20/hour; approx 40 hours/week commensurate with experience
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacation, health insurance, 403B, opportunities for support for professional development.
Job Type: Full-Time.
Location: The Hippodrome Theatre is located at 25 SE Second Place, Gainesville, FL 32601.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com.
The Hippodrome highly encourages applicants of all backgrounds and identities. Preferred start date is August 1, 2021.
About the Hippodrome Theatre: We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please learn more about the Hippodrome Theatre, our mission, commitment to our communities, Anti-bias practices and accessibility at www.theHipp.org
About The Hippodrome
The Hippodrome is Gainesville's cultural centerpiece offering live theatre, films, gallery exhibits, classes, and special events over 340 days a year.
The mission of the Hippodrome is to provide a first-class regional theatre and an artistic space committed to excellence in North Florida; to collaborate with extraordinary artists in order to provide education programs, events, and cinematic programming that reflect and elevate the diverse cultures and perspectives of our region; and to create and maintain ongoing engagement with our community.