Since its founding in 1961, Young Concert Artists (YCA) has been deeply committed to helping define the future of classical music by discovering some of the most promising artists of each new generation. YCA works with artists to help develop their unique potential, forge new paths for the art form, and to find their audience. Our 60-year legacy of important artists fulfilling our mission in every corner of the classical music world began with Founding Director Susan Wadsworth and continues with Daniel Kellogg who took over as President in July 2019. With a new Strategic Plan coming this summer, new team members, and new organizational initiatives, YCA is poised to define an exciting next chapter.
We are looking for an individual driven to help and empower young artists make an impact with their careers. Our Artist Managers work closely with the artists to help them realize their tremendous individual potential and find strong professional footing in Classical music. Our Artist Managers must be highly productive and effective at booking concert engagements to meet quarterly goals while also driving innovation and bringing new vision for how a musician’s career can unfold. As an established non-profit organization, YCA connects and supports our Artist Management department with a national community of Board members, donors, illustrious YCA alumni, venues in NYC and Washington DC, and a staff of ten.
Responsibilities to Include
- Cultivate strong relationships with decision makers at presenting organizations and conductors to secure a substantial number and variety of engagements
- Build strong relationships with artists on the YCA roster to provide them with career guidance, strategic project development, clear professional expectations, and overall mentorship
- Meeting quarterly booking expectations while working in the Artist Management department to ensure efficient, productive, and professional outcomes in service of the artists and YCA
- Participate together with our President and colleagues in YCA’s strategic thinking around how we serve each artist and how we carry out our mission
- Participate in the full life of YCA, which includes attending fundraising events, artist performances, helping with the annual auditions, supporting Board and donor cultivation, helping to plan YCA produced concerts, and working alongside a ten person staff
- Travel for industry conferences and some performances
- Strong track record in booking and artist management
- Knowledge and love of classical music
- Established relationships with presenters and industry leaders
- Highly organized, detail oriented, productive, and result-driven
- Great communication skills and ability to build new opportunities/partnerships for YCA
- Knowledge of the web based software Overture for booking agencies and artist management, and/or comfort learning new technology
- Strong people skills and ability to work well on a team
- Mentoring experience is a plus
YCA is open to both a strong and upcoming Booking Representative & Artist Manager, or a seasoned individual. Compensation will match qualifications and experience. YCA benefits include health, dental, and vision, generous holiday and paid time off, and an employer-funded retirement plan.
YCA’s offices are located in Manhattan at 57th and Broadway. While it is preferred that someone be able to come to the office 2-5 days a week, fully remote work will be considered.
Please send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com
About Young Concert Artists, Inc.
Young Concert Artists seeks to discover brilliant and promising young classical musicians on the cusp of major careers. Through a rigorous international audition process we select a few new artists each year and offer them concert debuts in NYC and Washington DC, management, career guidance, and an array of publicity services. The YCA staff takes great pleasure in serving these extraordinary young people. We are a mission driven organization supported by a generous and engaging group of donors in both NYC and Washington DC.