Majordomo is a California restaurant from Momofuku inspired by the diverse culinary offerings of Los Angeles. It features a Chef’s counter, bar, private dining room, and heated patio with artwork by James Jean and David Choe.
The Beverage Manager will work collaboratively with the Chef and the General Manager in building and managing the beverage program. The role will be responsible but not limited to training, strategizing and assisting with the execution of new programs and initiatives.
- Manage, drive and oversee all beverage and bar related sales for the entity
- Work with General Manager to conduct daily and on-going comprehensive beverage training and education for FOH staff
- Order all beer, liquor, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and bar consumables to established par levels
- Reconcile inventory; address discrepancies with the General Manager
- Work with General Manager to ensure that the restaurant is hitting targeted beverage costs
- Meet with vendors to discuss beverage program needs, propose selections and assist General Manager in negotiate purchasing
- Supervise Bar & FOH team to ensure quality of service and beverage during service hours
- Uphold a high quality of service for FOH staff and reinforce standards through consistent training and monitoring
- Ensure that all bar staff are trained and follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Update all printed and digital beverage materials based on product selection and availability
- Work with the General Manager to set up a timeline and schedule for beverage education plans
- Maintain weekly communication with the General Manager on all changes, specials, and updates
- Retain product and industry knowledge in relation to current trends, local producers and special events, as it pertains to the Los Angeles Area.
- In partnership with the General Manager, establish appropriate budgets & costing to drive efficiency while maintaining standards of execution
- Approve all expenditures for all Bar facility related repairs and maintenance to maintain the integrity of the bar facility
- Analyze real time sales data and beverage cost to make tactical decisions affecting near term profitability
- In partnership with the General Manager, drive the development and evolution of the overall beverage identity of the restaurant
- In partnership with the Beverage Director and General Manager, develop overall beverage program, including: development of cocktails, wine & beer selection and changes for seasonality.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience required
- Court of Master Sommeliers, WSET Level 3 Certified
- Certification or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Experience in managing a beverage/wine program & inventory management strongly preferred (experience using Compeat, a plus)
- High volume, fast-paced restaurant experience strongly preferred
- Comprehensive food and beverage knowledge
- Exceptional service and floor skills
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
About Momofuku Group
Momofuku was founded by chef David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City. Credited with “the rise of contemporary Asian-American cuisine” by the New York Times and named the “most important restaurant in America” by Bon Appétit magazine, Momofuku has opened restaurants in the United States, Australia, and Canada. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.