Posted: April 9, 2021
An apparel industry leader, JOCKEY is seeking a detail-oriented self-starter to join our Packaging Development team! You’ll support our product packaging initiatives by playing a key role in various packaging tasks for all our product lines (i.e., intimates, underwear, activewear, sleepwear, socks, etc.) for our wholesale, retail stores, and eCommerce business channels. You’ll be a critical member of our packaging development processes – from the initial packaging concept phase through in-store presentation of our products! This role, based in our corporate office in Kenosha, WI, will partner closely with cross-functional corporate teams (i.e., packaging, merchandising, and product development), as well as global vendors and contractors as the primary communication liaison for packaging initiatives. This entry-level role is a great opportunity for candidates with project management/administrative experience!
Founded in 1876, Jockey International, Inc. is a privately held, family owned company with headquarters in Kenosha, WI. JOCKEY is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company’s hallmark.
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive and comprehensive flexible benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Life/Vision, 401(k), educational support, paid Volunteerism program, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, a challenging work environment, summer hours, and exciting career growth opportunities! Note: this role is based in our corporate office, not a remote position.
- Communication liaison for Jockey garment contractors and business units regarding packaging inquiries/issues, packaging forecasts, and weekly development updates.
- Communicate channel requirements and answer questions with garment contractors.
- Work throughout corporate Packaging team to ensure product stage readiness and represent team in stage approval meetings.
- Procurement of packaging bill of materials (“BOM”).
- Manage packaging invoices and maintain physical packaging library as approved packaging products are completed.
- Maintain channel requirements documentation, upload tasks into internal project management system, and manage component tracker and physical component storage.
- Assist with testing, validating and documenting packaging projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant curriculum preferred (i.e., Business, Supply Chain, Marketing, or equivalent).
- Minimum of one to two years of applicable business experience (project management/administration/etc.) desired. Previous internship experience accepted.
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient MS Office skills (particularly with Excel), as well as ability to learn custom systems (i.e., PLM and JIRA) for packaging development projects.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
If interested in an exciting career with JOCKEY, visit our website at https://www.jockey.com/careers to apply online. Visit Jockey.com to experience the quality and craftsmanship of the Original American Underwear brand, and follow us on LinkedIn!
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com or call us at 262-658-8111.
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Some college or better in Business Administration or related field.
As a family-owned company and leader in the apparel industry, we’ve been crafting everyday essentials for 140+ years. We pride ourselves on innovation, people emphasis, integrity and customer focus in everything we do. Our commitment to these values shines through in our quality products, consumer relations and, most of all, our dedication to our team members.